For most of its lengthy history, this pub was The Commercial Inn. The name can be seen in capital letters on the gable end of the building facing Wharf Street. The inn is not one of the local ‘taverns and public houses’ recorded in 1842 or on the list of local innkeepers of 1845. However, its site is marked on the 1850 OS Map as an ‘inn’ – and the building is recorded as The Commercial Inn, Wharf Street, in the 1861 local trade directory.
Find out More >