Designed by the cinema specialist Percy L Browne, this Art Deco-style building has long been a feature of High Street West. The Ritz had seats for 1,636 patrons and first opened its doors on 15 May 1939, with a screening of The Gangster’s Boy, starring Jackie Cooper. The last film show at The Ritz was on 8 September 1962. The building soon reopened as a bingo hall – which eventually closed on 9 October 2011.
Find out More >