The first Stapleford Hall was built in 13th century. Sir John Borlase Warren was born at the Hall in 1753. He joined the navy and rose through the ranks, becoming admiral. He was also ambassador to the Russian court, in St Petersburg, and MP for Nottingham (1796–1806). The Warren Arms was built in the 1750s, taking its name from the coat of arms of the Warren family, who lived at Stapleford Hall for more than 300 years. The Hall was demolished in 1935. The Warren Arms stood almost opposite this pub, until it was demolished, despite protests, in 2009.
Find out More >