The former Methodist chapel, forming the front of these premises, was built in 1900. In 1977, the disused chapel, with its high octagonal ceiling, was taken over by the Half Moon Theatre Company, opening with a production of Robert Tressell’s The Ragged-Trousered Philanthropists. In 1985, the theatre expanded into a derelict site next door, yet closed in 1990. Several years later, it was converted into The Half Moon.
Find out More >